Isla Vista is home to a unique landscape that while beautiful, can pose many dangers to its residents. The IVCSD has compiled a list of do's and don'ts for residents as they reside and engage in activities around the bluffs. Above are some resources you can utilize if an event becomes a safety risk. Please keep these tips in mind as each and every person has the ability to be an active bystander and save a life.
When signs of cliff erosion occur we urge residents to report the incidents to the respective parties in order to prevent potentially dangerous accidents from occurring.
Links & Suggested Resources:
- SB County Building Inspector: 805-568-2076
- IVFP Non-Emergency: 805-683-2724
- 24/7 Safety Escort Phone Line: 805-893-2000
- UCSB's Alcohol and Drug Program provides free Naloxone kits in Embarcadero Hall. You can find the current distribution hours here. More resources can be found here.
- SBCC students can benefit from The Anchor Program which offers a number of resources including counseling, education, prevention, early intervention, and more. More information can be found here.
- More information on Stop the Bleed training can be found here.