IVCSD encourages all residents to be prepared for whatever emergencies you may encounter. Please find Santa Barbara County emergency preparedness resources here.
Visit ready.gov a National public service campaign designed to educate and empower people to prepare for, respond to, and mitigate emergencies, including natural and man-made disasters.
Local County Resources
- Santa Barbara County Fire Department
- Santa Barbara County Sheriff
- Emergency Management
- Non-emergencies, call (805) 969-7762
- Animal Services
- Be sure you are signed up for local emergency alerts with both Santa Barbara County and the City of Goleta.
- Make a family communication plan and talk to your kids about emergencies that could happen at home and away. Resources for kids, teens, and the whole family are available here.
- Build a Kit: The key is to personalize your kit based on your needs, your family need, and any pet needs. Think about dietary restrictions, prescription medications, important documents, and pictures. Create a Go-Bag, a bag meant to be stored away somewhere safe but can be accessed at a moment's notice. Learn how to build a kit here.
- Create a commuter plan, found here.
- Download the FEMA app on your smartphone by searching in the App Store.
- Create Your Family Emergency Communication Plan in English and Additional Languages
- Family Communication Plan Fillable Card in English and Additional Languages
- Know Your Alerts and Warnings in English and Additional Languages
- 12 Ways to Prepare in English and Additional Languages
- Document and Insure Your Property in English and Additional Languages
- Safeguard Critical Documents and Valuables in English and Additional Languages