You are entitled to a move out inspection
- This inspection can be asked for in a written request, in which the landlord and tenants will all walk through the property to assess damages or alterations made to the property that will result in security deposit deductions. This will help the tenets gauge how much of their deposit they will be getting back.
- Make sure you take photos and videos of the place after you move out to have record documentation of the condition you left the place in. Take pictures of each room, walls, windows, floors, and exterior part of the house.
Make sure to read your lease before you move out
- Many leases will have stipulations in the contract of what they expect from the lessors before they move out. These stipulations can entail the returning of all house key copies to avoid fees, require tenants to make any repairs by a professional handyman, or obtain professional cleaning services.
- To obtain a full security deposit tenants need to ensure they leave the house in the same condition in which they first leased it. This entails making any minor or major repairs such as spackling holes made in the wall or fixing broken drapes. Tenets should also attempt to clean the house a bit before they leave to avoid any heavy cleaning fee charges from the landlord's professional cleaning service.
Please consolidate your unwanted goods and trash before placing it on the curb
- Here are some examples of what NOT to do: