Isla Vista Beautiful
About the United Way of Northern Santa Barbara County: United Way improves lives by mobilizing the caring power od communities around the world to advance the common good. In Northern Santa Barbara County, we too live United.
About Home For Good Santa Barbara County: supports a Coordinated Entry System, a no-wrong door, countywide system that engages and connects individuals and families experiencing homelessness to the optimal resources for their needs. United Way/Home For Good Santa Barbara County provides Coordinated Outreach across Santa Barbara County. We believe that everyone deserves a safe place to call home for good.
About the Isla Vista Beautification Project: This is a work experience program focused on the beautification of the Isla Vista Community.
The specific tasks include:
- Power-washing of sidewalks
- Trash pickup in areas not covered by the Isla Vista Parks and Recreation Department
- Graffiti and trash identification, documentation and removal
- Identification of the obstruction of the public right of way
- Other beautification projects as identified
Who Do We Seek To Employee: Our Beautification Staff and Volunteers are experiencing homelessness, at-risk of becoming homeless or newly housed. The majority of our Beautification Staff and Volunteers learn about our services through outreach from our existing AmeriCorps Members and United Way Staff. Volunteers and Staff are trusted to complete tasks, show up on time, and work well with others.
Employment Requirements: In order to be considered for employment at the Isla Vista Beautiful with the United Way of Northern Santa Barbara County the following steps are necessary:
1. Fill out an employment application, completely and accurately.
2. Pass the initial screening of applicants including a Criminal Background Check as well as be cleared through the National Sex Offender Public Website.
3. After the screening process, the applicant will be interviewed by United Way Staff. A follow-up interview may take place depending on the applicant’s position and score in the first interview.
4. It is the option of the hiring personnel to check the references of those candidates applying for part-time positions. 1
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Submit an application to Christina Lydick and Miranda O'Brien:
Miranda@liveunitedsbc.orgIsla Vista Beautiful Job Application .docx