For a list of leasing companies in Isla Vista click here.
Other resources include Facebook groups that feature open housing listings posted by current residents (Note: Private groups require approval by an administrator or an invitation from a current member):
- UCSB Housing Search (Private)
- IV Housing for UCSB Students (Private)
- UCSB HOUSING (Private)
- UCSB HOUSING / SUBLETS / RENTALS (Private)
- Santa Barbara Room for Rent (Public)
- SBCC Housing (Public)
- Santa Barbara Room | Apt | House Rentals (Private)
Food Distribution ~ Check out our Community Calendar with a full list of food distribution sites.
- Located outside the Ortega side of the UCen, facing the lagoon
- Mondays through Thursdays: 9:30am-6:00pm, Fridays: 9:30am-4:00pm
Food Not Bombs (VGN) - An all-vegan meal made with ingredients donated from the local farmers' market.
- Sundays and Wednesdays at Little Acorn Park from 5:30pm-6:30pm.
Goleta Valley Community Center (Drive-thru) - The Goleta Valley Community Center, in conjunction with the FoodBank of Santa Barbara Country, offers a free food distribution at the Community Center near the west parking lot on the 4th Thursday of each month from 3:00 to 5:00 pm.
Good Shepherd Pantry (Drive-thru) - Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, in conjunction with the FoodBank of Santa Barbara County, distributes fresh fruits and vegetables as well as canned goods and other non-perishable items to those in need. Food is given out on a first-come/first-served basis. Located at 380 N Fairview Ave, Goleta on the 1st Saturday of the month from 9:00am-10:00am.
IVYP Food Distribution (By Appointment Only) - Monthly food distribution site. To schedule an appointment call Ana Maya at 805-869-3303. Located at 6842 Phelps Rd, Goleta on the 3rd Wednesday of every month 11:30am-5:30pm.
Miramar Food Pantry (UCSB Only) - The pantry provides access to free food available to all qualified UC Santa Barbara students. Located at the Sierra Madre Villages Court behind the administrative office.Every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 4:00pm-7:00pm
SBCC Basic Needs Center - The mission of the SBCC Basic Needs Center is to eliminate food insecurity, and support students with financial hardship by providing students and community members with access to no-cost, quality food, clothing, toiletries, and other supplies
CalFresh provides monthly food benefits to individuals and families with low-income and provides economic benefits to communities. To learn more about your eligibility or apply, click here. UCSB students can visit a Food Security and CalFresh advocate Monday through Friday at the UCSB Food Security and Basic Needs Advising Center at the UCen to learn more or get help with the application. To view the updated office hours or set up a virtual chat with an advocate, click here.
Community Health & Wellness
Alpha Thrift Store (Goleta)
- 5624 Hollister Ave, Goleta
- Phone: 805-964-1123
Alpha Thrift Store (Santa Barbara)
- 700 N. Milpas St, Santa Barbara
- Phone: 805-964-1123
Destined for Grace
- Location #1: 5960 Hollister Ave, Goleta
- Location #2: 5949 Hollister Ave, Goleta
- Phone: 805-619-0649
- 302 W. Carrillo St, Santa Barbara
- Phone: 805-899-3807
Thrifty Shopper @ Catholic Charities
- 609 E. Haley St, Santa Barbara
- Phone: 805-966-9659
Boys & Girls Club Thrift Store
- 222 Ventura Ave, Ventura
- Phone: 805-667-8855
Coalition Thrift Store
- 270 E. Main St, Ventura
- Phone: 805-643-4411
Local Facebook Groups with Furniture Listings
Utility Companies and Contact Information
Water - Goleta Water District
- Phone: 805-964-6761
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Form
Gas - So Cal Gas Company
- Phone: 1-877-238-0092 (available 24/7 for Residential Customers)
Electricity - Southern California Edison (SCE)
- Phone: 800-655-4555
Cable and Internet - Cox Communications
- Phone: 805-683-6651
- Store: 3303 State St, Santa Barbara, CA 93105
Trash - Marborg Industries
- Phone: 805-963-1852
- The Isla Vista Community Services District provides impartial mediation service to the Isla Vista community to resolve housing issues/disputes fairly, safely, and economically. Mediation services are open to and can be initiated by both landlords and tenants. Our goal is to create a culture of mutual respect and understanding between all members of the community. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
- The University & Community Housing Office (UCHO) is a one-stop resource for rental housing information and dispute resolution. Experienced staff members can help answer questions and provide guidance regarding rental rights and responsibilities. Contact info here.
- The A.S. Isla Vista Tenants Union (IVTU) strives to serve the needs of UCSB students living in Isla Vista. They educate tenants on their rights and responsibilities and act as a resource when problems arise. They reach out to property managers, the University, elected officials, local groups, and individuals in order to address pressing tenant issues.
Amtrak: Santa Barbara Station: 209 State Street, Santa Barbara. Pick up also at UCSB North Hall Bus Loop.
- SB Bike Top 10 Bike Laws
- Isla Vista Outfitters Guide to Biking at UCSB
- UCSB Bike Path Map
- UCSB Transportation and Parking Services Bike Safety Webpage Information on how to safely navigate roundabouts and bike safety laws
- Isla Vista Bicycle Boutique at 880 Embarcadero Del Mar, Isla Vista, Ca, 93117 805-968-3338
- Varsity Bike Shop 6549 Pardall rd, Goleta, CA 93117 805-968-4914
- UCSB A.S. Bike Shop Local student-run non-profit bike repair shop Located in Parking lot 29 805-893-3610
- Bici Centro Refurbished Bike Shop 434 Olive St, Santa Barbara, CA, 93101 805-617-3255 Tuesday-Friday 11:30am-5:30pm
Bird and Lime are both available in Isla Vista. Scooters can be used anywhere in the streets of Isla Vista, but are not permitted on sidewalks, parks, UCSB property, and biking trails. Please put them on the side of the road and off the sidewalk so as not to interfere with pedestrian traffic.
Parking in Isla Vista
Parking enforcement is handled by the Isla Vista Foot Patrol & California Highway Patrol
California Vehicle Code 22651(k) states, that a vehicle is only allowed to park in the same spot on a public street for up to 72 hours
Avoid blocking driveways or sidewalk access.
Isla Vista Solar Public Parking Lot (Paid Parking) 881 Embarcadero del Mar, Isla Vista, CA 93117
AAA Santa Barbara 3712 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA, 93105 805-682-5811
Important Phone Numbers
- Police, Fire, and Rescue (Emergency) - 911
- UCSB Campus Police - 805-893-3446
- CARE: Campus Advocacy, Resources and Education (24/7 Confidential Hotline) - 805-893-4613
- STESA: Standing Together to End Sexual Assault (24/7 Crisis Hotline) - 805-564-3696
- CSO: Community Service Organization - 805-893-2000
- Fire Marshal - 805-893-7751
- Poison Control Center - 800-222-1222