See below some updates from the County of Santa Barbara on local vaccinations for COVID-19:
- The Call Center is now open 7 days per week, to answer vaccine questions as well as assist the community in making vaccinations appointments. The community can reach the call center by calling 2-1-1.
- Press conferences are continuing by zoom every Friday at 4:30 and will also be scheduled next Tuesday, January 19 as there is not a Board Meeting scheduled where an update can be heard.
- In response to the governor’s announcement of prioritizing the 65+ population, please see the attached press releases.
- Santa Barbara County will continue to vaccinate its frontline healthcare workers in Phase 1A, Tiers 1, 2 and 3. The State’s recent announcement about vaccinating everyone who is 65 years of age and older will begin locally once adequate quantities of the vaccines are received by the County from the State.
- In anticipation of ramping up vaccinations, a link has been created (and is available on the publichealthsbc.org website) where the public can sign up to receive vaccine information updates. The link is: https://publichealthsbc.org/vaccine/
- Once adequate vaccines are received from the State, the County will move to the next phase of vaccinations, Phase 1B Tier 1, which includes:
- Persons age 65 and older
- Those at risk of exposure at work in the following sectors:EducationChildcare Emergency ServicesFood/Grocery and Agricultural Workers
Below are some frequently asked questions, and answers, which may be helpful to you.
How do I get on the list to receive a vaccination when it is my turn?
- Everyone is encouraged to sign up to receive up-to-date, local vaccination information for Santa Barbara County via email by registering here. For up-to-date information about vaccine distribution, be sure to visit www.PublicHealthSBC.org/Vaccine or call 2-1-1.
Where can I find out more about Santa Barbara County’s vaccine plan and priorities?
- Please visit our dedicated vaccine webpage atwww.PublicHealthSBC.org/vaccine
For more Vaccine FAQ’s, please click hereor visit:01_15_21_Vaccine Distribution Update_PR_SPA.docx01_15_21_Vaccine Distribution Update_PR.docx