What is SeeClickFix?
SeeClickFix is an issue reporting app that allows people to detail neighborhood issues to local governmental bodies. The IVCSD has partnered with See Click Fix for their IV Beautiful Program. This app is free for its users and allows residents of Isla Vista to report graffiti, vandalism, overgrown landscaping, dim or absent street lighting, obstructions to the right of way, public garbage, and more.
What is the Isla Vista Beautiful Program?
The Isla Vista Beautiful Program originally came to life in 2019 thanks to the United Way of Northern Santa Barbara County as a way to enhance our community by empowering our most vulnerable residents with work experience. As of 2022, the IVCSD has fully adopted the Isla Vista Beautiful Program. Our focus is on creating efficient procedures to tackle a number of beautification issues in Isla Vista. The SeeClickFix app will allow community members to get involved by submitting requests to the IV Beautification team.
How to use the app?
1. Download the SeeClickFix app on your smartphone
2. At the bottom of the homepage, select the orange “+” button to submit a new request
3. Take a photo of the issue that needs to be addressed
4. Enable location services and mark the location of the issue
5. Select the category the issue falls under (e.g.: Broken/ vandalized public property, Graffiti, Landscaping, Street light is out or dim)
6. Write a short description detailing the issue, answer any additional questions, and submit your request
7. Your request will then be viewed by a beautification team and addressed in a timely fashion. The app will notify users when requests they have submitted have been resolved.
We would love to know how we can make the SeeClickFix app more suited to the needs of the Isla Vista community. Please take a moment to take this survey.